Marshal Omer Hassan Ahmed Al-Bashir, President of Sudan, issued today several Emergency Orders, among them Emergency Order Nbr 3.
This Emergency Order covers items related to currency and precious metals:
- Prohibits dealing in foreign exchange outside official channels,
- Prohibits carrying more than USD3,000 or its equivalent to any person traveling through any air or sea port, or by land. (It does not make clear whether it only covers export, or if it also includes import).
- Prohibits carrying or possessing more than 150 grams of busy (sic) (pure?) gold to any person traveling through any air or sea port or by land. (It does not make clear whether it only covers export, or if it also includes import).
- Prohibits carrying, possessing or storing any quantity of raw gold for those who are not authorized to manufacture or export (sic).
- Anyone who wishes to hold raw gold in any form must comply with the controls issued by the competent authorities.
Violation of these rules is punished by up to 10 years imprisonment, confiscation of the currency and/or precious metals, and of any means which were used to commit it.
*** Do you want to share your comments, corrections or news? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
©2019 MRI BANKERS’ GUIDE TO FOREIGN CURRENCY™
« More posts